badge

Tuesday 19 August 2014

An Affair with the Hills










 



Top : Forever21, Skirt : Asos, Hat : Gifted, Footwear : Zara, Belt : Customized 


A long weekend and Delhi's scorching heat is what made me pack my bags and head to Manali for a much needed break. There's nothing I love more about summer than making up excuses to pack up my bags for a holiday and after an 18th hour long road trip, Manali stunned me with its scenic beauty.
My resort - The Himalayan, beautifully built in the structure of a castle amidst apple orchards, left me speechless and I personally suggest anyone who visits Manali to stay in this stunning vintage property.

On the first day I wore a pleated midi skirt with an off shoulder crop top. Midi skirts always remind me of Audrey Hepburn lounging coquettishly on the Spanish steps in Roman holidays and my recent obsession with mid-length pleated skirts continues on my holiday as well .
When crafting your own ensemble, don't forget to remember this midi-mantra- volume on bottom needs to be balanced by a close-fitting top and for all those crop-top lovers, the high-waisted midi is its perfect counterpart .

Hope you all enjoyed this long weekend as much as I did :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment